The Messermeister Oliva Elite Stealth Chef's Knife will be your go-to knife in the kitchen. This 8-inch chef's knife is designed to help you chop, slice, dice, and mince your way through all your cutting tasks without fatigue. The handle is made of gorgeous Italian olive wood and is attached to a hand forged Stealth blade. The blade is about 25% thinner and 10% lighter than Messermeister's traditional chef's knife. In addition, it has been ground down to a thin profile to create a razor-sharp edge.
The Oliva Elite chef's knife is handcrafted in Solingen, Germany, the historic cutlery capital of the world. Its German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion. The blade demonstrates toughness and durability while holding its edge retention, and is easy to resharpen to a razor-like edge.
The Messermeister Oliva Elite knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are then heat-treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell hardness of 57-58.
The blade's three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface. In addition, because the heel doesn't have a bolster, it uses the entire blade from heel to tip, simplifying all cutting, sharpening, and honing tasks.
Hand wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts. Rinse and dry immediately. Don't put it in the dishwasher. Oil the Italian olive wood handle periodically with food-safe mineral oil.
- 8-inch chef's knife
- German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade
- Italian olive wood handle
- Blade resists stains and corrosion
- Demonstrates toughness and durability while holding its edge retention
- Easy to resharpen to a razor-like edge.
- Chop, slice, dice, and mince your way through all your cutting tasks without fatigue
- Hand wash only
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee
- Lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects
- 100% Messermeister quality
Weight & Dimensions:
- 8-inch blade
- 5-inch handle
- 13-inches overall